Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday Track Workout 6/04/08

I keep saying it, but man, for some reason this year has been tough. I can't seem to get caught up physically to go out and have quality workouts. I am certain that a regular track workout would put me in a hole for the Milkman triathlon this weekend. I still feel pretty tired from the Xterra this past weekend, and from whatever time trial effort I gave last evening.

I think a number of us have races this weekend, thus, I'll suggest (borrowing a workout from Jeff Johnson a little) a fairly easy interval workout that should be done very carefully and lightly, so that it won't load up your legs and make you feel tired...alter as necessary, but keep it light. This can be done on the track, or anywhere else that you either have measured or you can use your stopwatch.

Workout:

  • Warm up ~10 to 15 minutes
  • 2 x 1600m; alternate very easy laps with one lap "pick ups" at a brisk, but not at all hard pace (1 lap very easy, 1 lap pickup, 1 lap easy, 1 lap pickup)

Take a lap between for rest at either a walk and/or very easy jog.

This won't take long and should feel pretty good afterward. If you don't wanna use the track, use your stopwatch and alternate intervals at something like 2 minutes easy, 2 minutes pickup, etc.

Have fun!

No comments: