Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tough Tuesday evening time trial!

Ooof! That was one dry, windy time trial. My throat is still stripped raw from that. It's always a shock to go out and make a hard effort for the first time in conditions that are that dry...and the wind made it a lot worse.

I felt pretty hurtin' the whole time. I was expecting that, as it seems to be the status quo this year. I tried a little harder than last week, where I sort of "dogged" it somewhat. After that water tank on the new bypass road, I was feeling pretty weak and just had to focus on getting the pedals over smoothly and not break form. That "not breaking form" thing really helps me when I'm not feeling so hot in all sports that I do: xc skiing, swimming, running, and biking. It helps to focus on that rather than how bad you may be feeling.

After all was said and done, I was not too disappointed in the effort...it will improve, hopefully. It was a tough day, and going through those always seems to help the next time you race or do a hard training effort.

The results are posted on the Triatomics website:
http://www.triatomics.org/bike_activities/bikeactivities.htm

No comments: