Friday, April 11, 2008

what races are people planning

My first time trying this....but what races are folks planning on this year? I am going to get my feet wet at Jay Benson, not really expecting much there becaue I won't have much speed under my belt but hope for reasonable execution, a few odds and ends like the Santa Fe Century and Iron Horse the rest of May, BSLT where I want to have a good result, a few local races after that - Chili Harvest, LA Tri, maybe one other, and Las Vegas Long Course and Club National Championships....if I earn it at BSLT I may take a slot to Clearwater for the 70.3 championships, and possibly go to the Oly Distance Nationals in Portland - these last two are contingent races - I doubt I'll do both, but chances are fair I'll do one.

1 comment:

Clay said...

Hey Salty,
It's gonna be a different kind of year this year, with the wife having a baby. Speaking of which, the Clarks are getting antsy and just having theirs tomorrow, even though the due date is not 'til late April. Good luck to them...this'll be the multisport event of their lives! Jessica, we're pulling for you.

Races planned? So far, it's A-Man, J-Benson, maybe Buffman&Squeaky, then the unofficial official NM State Championship, Milkman. After that, I'll be taking a break and going back to prepping for xc skiing for a couple of months while we wait for our nina/o.

After that, I'll go back to triathlons with the LA Tri first then getting ready for the Best of the US at SOMA. I may go to USAT nats in Portland too, so we oughta plan that trip together, if the wife and new mom allows it.

Who else?